Friday, July 6, 2012

New traffic pattern on Kennedy Bridge

Motorists saw changes on the John F. Kennedy Memorial Bridge Thursday morning. The traffic pattern is now the opposite of the initial traffic pattern with repairs beginning on the northbound lanes of the bridge. Traffic has been switched to one lane for northbound I-65 and two lanes for southbound I-65. This new traffic pattern will remain in effect until July 13.


Exit ramps from southbound I-65 to eastbound I-64/northbound I-71 and westbound I-64 reopened on July 4. Now, the ramps from westbound I-64 and southbound I-71 to northbound I-65 and the northbound I-65 exit to Jeffersonville (Exit 0) are closed until July 13.

Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) has designated a signed detour for motorists traveling on westbound I-64 and southbound I-71. Motorists will go westbound I-64 into southern Indiana to eastbound I-265 to access northbound I-65.

Exit ramps from northbound I-65 to eastbound I-64/northbound I-71 and westbound I-64 are now closed until the morning of July 9. Motorists will follow the signed detour via I-264. In addition, the following ramps will remain closed for the duration of the project (to be completed by August 15): the exit ramp from eastbound I-64 to northbound I-65 in Kentucky, the exit ramp from southbound I-65 to Market Street in Indiana, and the entrance ramp from Court Avenue to southbound I-65 in Indiana.

KYTC announced the following temporary ramp closures on northbound I-65 in Louisville for the weekend of July 6-7:

• Entrance ramp from Preston Street – closed Friday, July 6th 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.

• Exit ramp to Jackson Street (Exit 134A) – closed Friday, July 6th 9:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.

• Exit ramp to Woodbine Street (Exit 134B) – closed 11:00 p.m. on Friday, July 6th until 1:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 7th

• Exit ramp to St. Catherine Street (Exit 135) – closed Saturday, July 7th 1:00 a.m. – 3:00 a.m.

• Entrance ramp from St. Catherine Street – closed Saturday, July 7th 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.

• Exit ramp to Broadway/Chestnut Street (Exit 136A) – closed Saturday, July 7th 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.

• Exit ramp to Brook Street (Exit 136B) - closed Saturday, July 7th 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.

According to KYTC, some ramp closures may overlap, but construction crews will not have consecutive ramps closed at the same time. The resurfacing of these ramps is scheduled for the weekend of July 13-15. These start dates and duration of work are subject to change in the case of inclement weather or other unforeseen delays.

Vehicles wider than 9 feet are restricted from traveling through the work zone. For construction and traffic updates, visit http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/I-65-Construction.aspx or visit www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5. Motorists can also dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment