Thursday, July 19, 2012

I-65 South To Be Closed This Weekend From I-64 to the Watterson

If you are planning to travel down I-65 this weekend, here is a warning - you will have delays. Paving of the final asphalt surface on the southbound lanes of Interstate 65 is scheduled for this weekend.

To expedite the work, southbound I-65 will be completely closed from I-64 in downtown Louisville to I-264 (mile points 136.4 to 131.2). This road closure is scheduled from 7 p.m. EDT Friday, July 20 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 23.


All entrance and exit ramps on southbound I-65 in the project area will be closed during paving.

During the closure of southbound I-65, motorists will be detoured via westbound I-64 to eastbound I-264, which connects with southbound I-65.

For construction and traffic updates, visit http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/I-65-Construction.aspx. Traffic information for all eight counties in District 5 is also available at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information across Kentucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment