Thursday, July 12, 2012

I-65 Kennedy Bridge lane and ramp closures expected to reopen mid-next week

Due to unanticipated repairs on the Kennedy Bridge, motorists can expect lane and ramp closures through the middle of next week. I-65 northbound will remain restricted to one lane and I-65 southbound will be restricted to two lanes. Ramps from westbound I-64 and southbound I-71 to northbound I-65 and the northbound I-65 Exit 0 to Downtown Jeffersonville will be closed until the middle of next week. Motorists traveling from westbound I-64 and southbound I-71 should continue using the I-264 detour to access I-65 northbound.


While repaving and making repairs on the north end of the bridge, the contractor, MAC Construction and Excavating, discovered more corrosion underneath than was initially anticipated. Once repairs are made, the remaining concrete will be poured, and the bridge will be reopened mid-next week.

For construction and traffic updates, visit http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/I-65-Construction.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment