Monday, July 16, 2012

More traffic changes as work on the Kennedy Bridge continues

Motorists encounter more traffic changes as construction continues on the Kennedy Bridge. The exit ramps from eastbound and westbound I-64 to southbound I-65 (Exit 5A) closed Saturday, July 14. Motorists must follow the I-264 detour (Watterson Expressway) to access I-65.


Motorists traveling southbound on I-71 will also encounter changes due to the closure of the I-65 southbound ramp.  Southbound I-71 merges with westbound I-64 just before the interchange with I-65.  The construction contractor has until the end of July to complete work on these ramps.

The following ramps will remain closed for the duration of the construction:

     - The exit ramp from eastbound I-64 to northbound I-65 in
       Kentucky
     - The exit ramp from southbound I-65 to Market Street in Indiana
     - The entrance ramp from Court Avenue to southbound I-65 in
        Indiana

The following ramps will remain closed through mid-July:

     - The ramp from westbound I-64 to northbound I-65
     - The ramp from southbound I-71 to northbound I-65
     - The northbound exit ramp to Jeffersonville (Exit 0)

Vehicles wider than 9 feet remain prohibited from traveling through the work zone.

Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) posts construction and traffic updates at http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/I-65-Construction.aspx. Traffic information for all eight counties in District 5 is also available at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment