Friday, November 30, 2012

Several Road, Ramp, Lane Closures Announced

The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 5 Office has announced the following lane and ramp closures:

  • Exit ramp from westbound I-264 to US 42 (Exit 22) will be closed from 8:00 p.m. today until 8 p.m. tomorrow. The signed detour for this ramp closure is westbound I-264 to Westport Road, access eastbound I-264 and proceed to US 42.
  • Exit ramp from eastbound I-264 to northbound I-71 (Exit 23A) will be closed from 10:00 p.m. today until 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. The signed detour for this ramp closure is southbound I-71 to Zorn Avenue then accessing northbound I-71.
  • The entrance ramp from US 42 to westbound I-264 will be closed from 8:00 p.m. today until 8:00 p.m. tomorrow.
  • Lane closures are possible on I-71 in both directions between I-264 and the Lime Kiln Lane overpass (mile points 5.0 and 5.8) and on I-264 in both directions between US 42 and I-71 (mile points 22.1 and 22.9). These lane closures are possible from 8:00 p.m. today until 8:00 p.m. Sunday.
    These closures are for paving, guardrail installation, roadway striping and placing raised pavement markers as a part of the project  to construction acceleration and deceleration lanes aty this interechange. The project's complete work is scheduled to be completed by December 15, 2012.
 
The actual starting date and duration of these closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. You can also get traffic information for the District 5 counties at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5.

Lastly, the Indiana Department of Transportation has announced that beginning Monday construction crews will be performing pavement improvements on I-64 at mile marker 112, west of Exit 113. These improvements will reduce westbound traffic to one lane and will last 3 days, weather pending. Motorists can expect lane shirts and speed reductions.
 
For the latest news and information about INDOT, please visit www.in.gov/indot or www.trafficwise.in.gov .

No comments:

Post a Comment