Friday, November 16, 2012

KYTC Announces Ramp, Lane Closures


The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) District 5 Office advises motorists of these lane and ramp closures:
  • Interstate 264 (Watterson Expressway) in Jefferson County:  Contract crews are working on removing barrier wall, paving and guardrail installation as part of the project to construct acceleration and deceleration lanes at the I-71/I-264 interchange.  Motorists should expect lengthy delays in the project area tonight and all day Saturday.  The exit ramp from southbound I-71 to westbound I-264 (Exit 5) will be closed from 8:00 p.m. tonight until 2:00 p.m. on tomorrow.  The signed detour for this ramp closure is southbound I-71 to Zorn Avenue, access northbound I-71 and continue to I-264. In addition, the exit ramp from westbound I-264 to US 42 (Exit 22) will be closed from 8:00 p.m. today until 8:00 p.m. tomorrow as crews remove barrier wall and pave the ramp.  The right lane of westbound I-264 will also be closed during this time between I-71 and US 42.  The signed detour for the ramp closure is westbound I-264 to Westport Road, access eastbound I-264 and follow to US 42. Also be advised that the left lanes of Interstate 71 will be closed tomorrow from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. in both directions between I-264 and the Lime Kiln Lane overpass (mile points 5.0 and 5.8) to allow for completion of shoulder work and guardrail installation. MAC Construction and Excavating was awarded the contract for this project in the amount of $3.9 million.  The work is scheduled for completion by December 15, 2012.
  • Interstate 64: Reduced to one lane in Jefferson County to allow for bridge joint repairs.  The eastbound side of I-64 will be reduced to one lane between Third Street and River Road (mile points 4.5 to 4.7) in downtown Louisville. These lane closures are scheduled from 9:00 a.m. tomorrow until 5:00 a.m. on Monday, November 19.
  • Entrance ramp from Smyrna Parkway to eastbound I-265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) in Jefferson County: Temporarily closed due to installation of sound barrier panels.  This ramp is scheduled for closure tomorrow from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Motorists should follow the signed detour during this ramp closure via westbound I-265 to Preston Highway (Exit 12) and then access eastbound I-265.
               
    The actual starting date and duration of these projects may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur.  Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.  You can also get traffic information for the District 5 counties at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment