Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Westbound I-264 to Westbound I-64 Ramp to close Wednesday


The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's District 5 Office announced a ramp closure at the interchange of Interstates 64 and 264 this week.  Contract crews will be replacing concrete pavement on this ramp.

The exit ramp from westbound I-264 (Watterson Expressway) to westbound I-64 (Exit 19B) is scheduled for closure from 7:00 p.m. tomorrow, July 17 until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 19.  Motorists should follow the signed detour via three of the loop ramps in the I-264/I-64 interchange.

This work is part of the I-264 construction project for concrete pavement repairs between Browns Lane and Westport Road (mile points 18.4 to 20.7).  Hall Contracting, Inc. was awarded the contract for this project in the amount of $8.1 million.  The contract completion date is July 31, 2013. 

The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur.  Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.  You can also get traffic information for the District 5 counties at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5.

No comments:

Post a Comment