Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Multiple Closures In the Region Have Been Announced For Next 2 Weeks

The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) and officials with the Ohio River Bridges project have announced several closures that could cause some delay in your traveling in the area. Below are the closures:

  • Right lane of I-65 South at the bridge over Liberty Street (mile point 135.8): 7 p.m.-midnight today (July 24) to perform bridge deck patching.
  • Right lane of I-71 South at the bridge over US 42 (mile point 6.2): 6:30 p.m.-midnight tomorrow (July 25).
  • Exit ramp of I-264 West to eastbound US 60 (Exit 20A): 9 p.m. today (July 24) through 6 a.m. Friday (July 26). Look for detour signs. Concrete repairs will be performed.
  • Exit ramp from I-64 East to I-265/Gene Snyder North: 7 p.m.-midnight today (July 24) for guardrail repairs. Detour will be available via I-64 East to I-265 South to Taylorsville Road. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp and access I-265 North.
The schedule for the closures listed above can change. For the latest details, go to www.511ky.gov or www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5.

The following closures are related to work on the bridges project and are expected this week and next week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing:

  • Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 North: closed at night this week and next week.  The closure will begin around 9 p.m. each night and the ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. each day. The ramp is closed as prep work is done for the partial demolition of the ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South.
  • One lane of I-64 East from east of the Clark Memorial Bridge to I-65: closed at night this week and next week.  The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.  The closure is also in preparation for upcoming demolition work.
  • Right lane of I-65 South from Witherspoon Street to Jefferson Street: Closed overnight next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (July 29-July 31). The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
  • Right lane of I-65 South from Witherspoon Street to Muhammad Ali Boulevard is scheduled to close overnight next Thursday and Friday (August 1-August 2) for work on temporary lighting.  The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
  • Right lane of I-64 West from Witherspoon Street to I-65 South: closed each night next week (Monday, July 29-Friday, August 2) for work on temporary lighting.  The lane will close around 9 p.m. each night and reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
  • Inspection work is continuing on the Kennedy Bridge this week with the right lane of I-65 North closed until the work is complete. 
For the latest information on the bridges projects and closures, go to www.kyinbridges.com

No comments:

Post a Comment